Most of Macafem’s effects on the endocrine system come from its unique beneficial alkaloids and amino acids. However, Macafem also contains a diverse range of essential vitamins and minerals, which can all further support general health and proper hormonal function. Learn more about the different nutrients that Macafem can boost and how each one of them impacts your health.
Macafem is an abundant source for the following vitamins:
- B1 (thiamine). This vitamin is present in all cells of the body, and is particularly important for neurological function. Severe thiamine deficiency can be lethal, but is nowadays extremely rare in industrialized countries. Milder forms of deficiency, on the other hand, are relatively common due to malabsorption problems and alcohol abuse; they may cause fatigue, depression, and muscle weakness.
- B2 (riboflavin). This vitamin is mostly used to help convert food into energy, but it also helps the body absorb and process iron, vitamin A, and folate (vitamin B9). This means that not getting enough riboflavin can cause symptoms as diverse as anemia, eyesight problems, fatigue, and cracks or sores at the corners of the mouth.
- C (ascorbic acid). Probably the best-known vitamin thanks to its role in boosting immunity, vitamin C helps collagen production and keeps connective tissues healthy. Vitamin C speeds up wound healing and has antioxidant action; it also protects the capillaries from bleeding.
- E (tocopherol). Also a known antioxidant, vitamin E plays a major role in brain function and fertility. It also seems to prevent the formation of blood clots, especially in women, and when combined with zinc and Vitamin C, vitamin E can help protect against age-related macular degeneration.
Macafem also contains a diverse range of essential minerals:
- Calcium. This is the most abundant mineral in the human body, and therefore one of the most necessary ones. Well-known to be the “brick” behind bones, calcium is a particularly important mineral for women approaching menopause, as it will help prevent the progression to osteoporosis. However, calcium also plays other overlooked roles in the body, such as helping blood clotting and enabling hormone release.
- Magnesium. This mineral impacts over 300 different biochemical reactions around the body, from immunity to nerve function. Magnesium deficiency can cause many symptoms, most noticeably fatigue and irregular heartbeats.
- Phosphorus. Phosphorus helps calcium build bone and teeth enamel, protecting them from cracks. In addition, it plays a vital role in energy transport across the body. Deficiency in this mineral can cause muscle weakness, loss of mental acuity, and disruption of blood cells.
- Potassium. It is essential for tissue growth and helps the heart regulate its electrical activity. It also regulates the osmotic balance between cells and surrounding fluids, which is why it’s a key ingredient in rehydrating salts.
- Iron. Iron is required to produce many different types of proteins in the body, and is best-known for its role in hemoglobin (red blood cell) levels. Iron deficiency is one of the most common causes of anemia, especially for women.
Macafem works to support your hormonal system predominantly through its unique alkaloids and amino acids. However, the additional essential nutrients in Macafem can provide a myriad bonus benefits to your wellness, especially as malabsorption problems become increasingly common with age.